The Employee Vibrant Community Grants began in 2018 as a celebration of Corning Incorporated Foundation’s 65th anniversary. The program encourages employees to nominate eligible non-profit organizations for a $1,000 grant. This allows the Foundation to invest in the non-profit organizations that mean the most to Corning employees.
January 2-31, 2020, Corning U.S. employees (both full- and part-time) may submit short essays to nominate an eligible non-profit organization for a $1,000 Employee Vibrant Community Grant.
Submission is totally online; the first 50 eligible requests received will be granted. Non-profit organizations may receive only one Employee Vibrant Community Grant, and employees may only nominate one non-profit organization. Non-profit organizations who received a grant in 2019 are not eligible in 2020.
The Foundation will announce the 50 winning grants (25 from Corning Valley and 25 from Corning business locations) and distribute the funds in March 2020.
Here’s how employees may nominate an organization for an Employee Vibrant Community Grant:
- Confirm your organization is a 501(c)(3) and 509(a) public charity. It must also fall exclusively into one of the 11 Employee Program categories.
- Verify the organization is physically located within a 20-mile radius of a U.S. Corning business location with at least 50 Corning employees.
- Write a short essay (250 words maximum) describing how the organization contributes to the vibrancy of a Corning community. We consider a community to be vibrant when its citizens are engaged, its businesses thriving, its education opportunities robust, and its cultural outlets plentiful.
- Have this information handy for your application form:
- Your own contact information, including employee number and email
- Full name, address, website, and email contact for the non-profit you’re nominating
- The non-profit’s Employee Identification Number (if you don’t have it, ask your organization or look it up at guidestar.com)
- The non-profit’s mission statement (usually listed on their website) and description of services and primary activities
2020 Employee Vibrant Community Grants
Click here to view a full listing of the 2020 Grant Recipients
Featured Videos Coming Soon