The Excellence in Volunteerism Program, started in 2019, is a U.S. Corning employee program. The program is designed to recognize Corning employees who help make Corning communities vibrant by volunteering their free time at non-profit organizations. Employees who volunteer on a regular basis are not only providing their valuable time and talents to a non-profit organization, but they are also helping to strengthen Corning communities, solve problems, and improve the lives of others.
There are two components to the Excellence in Volunteerism Program:
- Dollars for Doers Bonus – Corning employees who redeem 100 hours (the maximum hours per year) will be able to designate an additional $150 grant to a non-profit organization where they volunteered the previous year. Click here to view the 2020 bonus grant recipients and the employees who redeemed 100 hours.
- Excellence in Volunteers Award – Employees can nominate other employees who show exceptional volunteer commitment in the community. The selected nominated employees will be able to give a $1,000 grant to an eligible non-profit organization of their choice. An employee cannot receive the Excellence in Volunteerism Award two years in a row, and no more than five employees will be selected at a single U.S. business location outside of the Corning Valley. Non-profit organizations cannot receive the Excellence in Volunteerism Grant two years in a row.
February 1-28, 2021, Corning U.S. employees (both full- and part-time) may submit short essays to nominate a Corning employee to be recognized for their outstanding volunteer efforts. The submission process is completed online. A committee of employees representing a variety of business segments and business locations will select the Excellence in Volunteerism winners. The winners will be able to choose an eligible non-profit organization to be a recipient of a $1,000 Excellence in Volunteerism Grant.
The 50 selected nominations (25 from Corning Valley and 25 from Corning business locations), along with the non-profit organizations chosen by the winners, will be announced in April 2021. Funds will be disbursed in July 2021.
How employees may nominate other employees for the Excellence in Volunteerism Grant:
- Complete an application by visiting the Foundation’s website at CorningFoundation.org and click on the green Nominate Employee button shown on the home page, or on this page.
- Have the following information readily available for the application form:
- Corning Incorporated employee nominator full name, employee ID, email, phone number, business segment, business location and position/job title.
- Corning Incorporated employee nominated full name, employee ID, email, phone number, business segment, business location and position/job title.
- A short essay (250-word maximum) describing the volunteerism activities of the nominated employee.
2020 Excellence in Volunteerism Grants
Click here to view a full listing of the 2020 Grant Recipients
Grant Recipient Archive