The Employee Vibrant Community Grants began in 2018 as a celebration of Corning Incorporated Foundation’s 65th anniversary. The program encourages employees to nominate eligible non-profit organizations for a $1,000 grant. This allows the Foundation to invest in the eligible non-profit organizations that mean the most to Corning employees.
January 3-31, 2023, Corning U.S. employees (both full- and part-time) may submit short essays to nominate an eligible non-profit organization for a $1,000 Employee Vibrant Community Grant.
Submission is totally online; the first 50 eligible requests received will be granted. Eligible non-profit organizations may receive only one Employee Vibrant Community Grant, and employees may only nominate one eligible non-profit organization. Eligible non-profit organizations cannot receive the grant two years in a row.
The Foundation will announce the 50 winning grants (25 from Corning Valley and 25 from Corning business locations) and distribute the funds in March 2023.
Here’s how employees may nominate an organization for an Employee Vibrant Community Grant:
- Confirm your organization is a 501(c)(3) and 509(a) public charity. Eligible non-profit organizations are U.S. accredited public-school districts, eligible non-profit private schools, and colleges / universities as well as U.S. public charities in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Community & Civic
- Educational Institutions and Support
- Health, Wellness and Human Services
- Verify the eligible non-profit organization is physically located within approximately 20-mile radius of a U.S. Corning business location with at least 50 Corning employees unless you are a remote employee.
- Write a short essay (250 words maximum) describing how the eligible non-profit organization contributes to the vibrancy of a Corning community. We consider a community to be vibrant when its citizens are engaged, its businesses thriving, its education opportunities robust, and its cultural outlets plentiful.
- Have this information handy for your application form:
- Your contact information, including employee number and email
- Full name, address, website, and email contact for the eligible non-profit you’re nominating
- The eligible non-profit organization’s Employee Identification Number (if you don’t have it, ask your organization or look it up at (guidestar.org)
- The eligible non-profit organization’s mission statement (usually listed on their website) and description of services and primary activities
Employee Vibrant Community Grant Guidelines
2023 Employee Vibrant Community Grants
Click here to view a full listing of the 2023 Grant Recipients and check out our 2023 highlight video here!