Support for Eligible Non-Profit Organizations
The Corning Incorporated Foundation has created collateral, on-line tools and guidelines for eligible non-profit organizations to use when acknowledging a grant (Grant Acknowledgement Tools) from the Corning Incorporated Foundation as well as to help encourage Corning employees to participate in the Employee Matching Gifts and Dollars for Doers Programs (Employee Programs Participation Tools).
NPOconnect Nonprofit Platform
The Corning Incorporated Foundation is pleased to announce it will be upgrading and enhancing the Employee Programs platform for Corning Incorporated employee giving and volunteering, on January 11, 2021.
The new platform has numerous advantages for Corning Incorporated employees and the eligible non-profit organizations (NPOs) which receive Matching Gifts and Dollar for Doers grants. Below is a list of those advantages:
- Monthly Check Distribution: Check distributions will change from quarterly to monthly. Checks will arrive monthly and donor information (which used to come in a letter with the check) can be accessed any time by using the NPOconnect Nonprofit Portal.
- On-line “no fee” Credit Card Donations: Corning employees can now make a credit card donation to an eligible non-profit organization through the new Employee Programs site. The Foundation will cover the 2.4% credit card fee, ensuring 100% of the donation goes to the NPO.
- Elimination of 90-day guideline: Employees may submit a donation or log hours any time during the active year. (In 2021, the program is active from 1/11/21 through 1/31/2022.)
- Reduced minimum donation: Minimum donation is changed to $10 from $25.
- Blackbaud customer service readily available for help & support.
Required Next Steps for NPOs
Use the below links to create your NPOconnect account. The NPOconnect Nonprofit Portal will allow you to view donations, matching gifts and volunteer information for your organization.
- Access available Registration Guides to create your NPOconnect account.
- Log-in to the NPOconnect Nonprofit Portal once registered.
- You are also encouraged to set-up ACH, upload your logo, address, mission statement, website and more.
Grant Acknowledgement Tools
A public acknowledgment of a grant from the Corning Incorporated Foundation is encouraged and appreciated. Written references to a grant should cite Corning Incorporated Foundation, not Corning Incorporated. The logo guidelines, logos and simple copy below can help design and craft an acknowledgement statement. If convenient, the Foundation would like to receive a copy of any publicity in advance of it being issued to the public. Please email drafts of press releases, statements, newsletters and other public documents mentioning the Corning Incorporated Foundation to Foundation1@corning.com.
If you have any questions about the tools below, please contact the Foundation.
Corning Foundation logos
Color and black and white logos in various formats for use with press releases, brochures, newsletters and other communications.
Primary horizontal logo
Primary vertical logo
Employee Programs Participation Tools
The Employee Matching Gifts and Dollars for Doers Programs are two ways that Corning employees can have an even greater impact with the non-profit organizations that they care about as well as the community in which they live and work. The rack cards, banner ads, sample email copy and other documents below are tools that non-profit organizations can use when communicating to Corning employees to remind employees to take advantage of the Employee Programs.
Corning Foundation rack cards are 4 x 9 inch cards featuring a description of the Employee Matching Gifts and Dollars for Doers Programs on one side and a step by step instruction of how to participate in the programs on the other side. Rack cards can be given to employees at events or when they are volunteering with the non-profit organization. To request cards, please contact the Foundation
Corning Foundation banner ads link directly to the Foundation’s website and can be placed on your website to give employees an opportunity to immediately submit a donation receipt, acknowledgement letter or submit hours. Please note that submitting a Matching Gift requires the employee to upload the donation check, receipt or acknowledgement letter.
To use the banners, click on the thumbnail image for the banner you want. It will pull up the banner-ready image. Right click on the image and select save as in the menu. When placing on your site, please link to www.corningfoundation.org
Corning employee follow up email copy
Sample copy to use when a non-profit organization follows up with Corning employee(s) via email (or letter) who have donated to or volunteered with the organization. If possible, the Foundation recommends sending an email to the Corning employee with the donation receipt or acknowledgement letter attached to allow for easy uploading of the receipt when submitting a matching gift on-line.
Employee Matching Gifts Program guidelines
Detailed description of the Employee Matching Gifts Program including non-profit organization eligibility criteria.
How to documents with screen shots (available on the Employee Programs site for employees)